Work in the UK with Eville & Jones!
The opportunity is to work as Official Veterinarian in slaughterhouses in England and Wales and offers a fantastic package that entails:
- Veterinarians (University Graduated)
- English: advanced level of written and spoken English (UKVI) IELTS Academic min level 7 in all parts of examination.
- Temporary registration with RCVS with UKVI IELTS Academic level 6 in all parts of the examination allows you to temporary registration for 18 months.
- Driving license: B category – mandatory, with a minimum of 1-year driving experience
What we can offer
- Salary: £35,000 per annum with temp RCVS registration
- Salary: £38,000 per annum with full RCVS registration
- Company car
- Company mobile
- Regular overtime opportunities
- 20 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays) rising to 25 days
- Personal Accident Insurance
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Our Official Veterinarians (OVs) work in slaughterhouses or meat processing plants and ensure that all meat is being produced safely and in accordance with the relevant laws.
- As an OV you will provide a technical and leadership role, offering advice and direction to the plant inspection team to ensure the efficient and consistent delivery of Official Controls
- You’ll also guarantee that the highest animal welfare standards are maintained and that all animals are cared for properly and transported safely
- Conducting antemortem inspection of animals for slaughter, conducting post-mortem inspection and health marking.
How to apply?